quizballs 104 - general knowledge quiz - questions without answers
free general knowledge quiz - questions and answers - for pub quizzes, pub games, team games, learning and fun
Quiz intro ...
This is a Businessballs Quizballs quiz. Quizballs are free quiz questions and answers for trivia quizzes, team games, pub quizzes, general knowledge, learning and amusement. Use the quiz and questions and answers to suit your purposes, either as a stand-alone quiz, or to cut and paste to make your own quizzes.
Quizballs accepts no liability for any arguments, lost bets, or otherwise unfortunate consequences arising from any errors contained in these quizzes although quite a lot of effort is made to ensure that questions are clear and answers are correct. Please notify us of any errors, or questions or answers requiring clarification.
These quizzes are free to use in pub quizzes, trivia quizzes, organisational events and team-building, but are not to be sold or published, which includes not posting them on other websites, thank you.
These are the quiz questions. Here are the quiz answers with the questions. A link to the quiz answers also follows the questions below.
see the quizballs.com quizzes website operated by businessballs
quizballs 104 - free general knowledge questions for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes
This is an alphabet quiz - in which the answers each begin with a different letter of the alphabet, in alphabetical order.
It's also a homonym or heteronym quiz. A homonym or heteronym is a word which has at least two different meanings.
In this quiz two clues are given for two different meanings - and each answer is one word with a single spelling.
- A - A type of tree with hard pale wood. The residue left after a fire.
- B - To put up with or tolerate. A small stream.
- C - Australian term for unwell. A bend at the elbow in a person's arm.
- D - A domesticated animal. To follow closely or persistently.
- E - The female reproductive cell in animals. Urge or encourage someone to do something foolish or risky.
- F - The coat of a sheep. To defraud someone of money or property.
- G - Eat frequent snacks or irregular meals. A superficial skin injury.
- H - Part of the head of a golf club nearest the shaft. A dishonourable man.
- I - A religious painting, usually on wood. A symbol.
- J - An improvised performance by a group of musicians. Squeeze or pack tightly into a space.
- K - A long-winged bird of prey with a forked tail. A bank cheque fraudulently altered to show a larger amount.
- L - A selvedge or border of a piece of fabric. Lean over to one side.
- M - A heavy club with a metal head and spikes. The spice made from the fleshy covering of the nutmeg seed.
- N - A city in the southeast of France. A coconut flavoured biscuit.
- O - The seventh day after a church festival day. A series of eight musical notes.
- P - A type of knitting stitch. A large area of flat land with few trees.
- Q - A square dance usually performed by four couples. A card game played by four players with a deck of 40 cards.
- R - A horse's gait between a trot and a canter. A framework for holding or storing things.
- S - A pointed post which is driven into the ground. A sum of money gambled in a game or venture.
- T - A domestic cat with a striped or mottled coat. A building material made with shells, lime, sand and water.
- U - A lightweight handheld collapsible canopy. A type of insurance policy.
- V - The upper part of a boot or shoe. A woman who uses sexual attraction to exploit men.
- W - A curl or ring of smoke or cloud. An arrangement of flowers for a grave.
- X - The Japanese name for the Playstation game 'Devil Dice'. The fourteenth letter of the Greek alphabet.
- Y - Give way under pressure. Produce an agricultural product.
- Z - A British Ford motor car. A light breeze.
quizballs 104 - free quiz answers for trivia quizzes and pub quizzes